Good for the earth and good for you, these garbanzo beans are sustainably grown on family farms in Idaho’s Snake River Canyon. Also known as chickpeas, garbanzos have a nutty flavor and firm texture that makes them extremely versatile, whether stirred into soups and salads or pureed as a creamy hummus dip.
- A staple of Middle Eastern cuisine and consumed worldwide, garbanzo beans add rich texture and nutty flavor to soups, stews, couscous and salads.
- Makes a delicious hummus or falafel.
- Garbanzos can also be fried or roasted as a tasty snack, or ground into flour.
- An excellent source of calcium, vitamin B, protein and iron.
- These botanical heirlooms are a part of living history, supporting centuries-old plant varieties and preserving the genetic diversity of our food supply.
- Produced by Zürsun, a second-generation family-owned company and one of America’s oldest suppliers of heirloom beans.
- Recipe included.
- 1 lb. 8 oz.
- Product of USA.