Cherry Wood Carving BoardPreview
Personalize this item
This reversible cherrywood board is ideal for prep work, carving and presentation. Use the smooth side for chopping and mincing and the reverse side for carving a juicy roast. The perimeter well collects flavorful juices.
- Made of cherrywood, which darkens over time.
- Edge-grain construction provides excellent stability.
- Flat side is for chopping and mincing; the reverse side has a perimeter well to collect flavorful juices.
- Integral handles simplify transferring the board from countertop to table.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 18” x 24”.
- 3/4” thick.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.