Queso fresco is a favorite in Mexican cooking for everything from tacos and enchiladas to huevos rancheros. Its fresh, mild, salty flavor and crumbly texture also make it a delicious addition to salads, grilled or roasted seasonal vegetables and egg dishes. With our simple-to-use kit, you can make your own all-natural quesco fresco that will put its store-bought counterparts to shame. You supply fresh milk and a few basic kitchen utensils—our kit contains everything else you need to make fresh cheese in less than an hour.
- Uses 1/2 gallon cow’s milk (or a mixture of cow’s and goat’s milk) per batch—choose from whole or low-fat, conventional or organic.
- Makes ten wheels of queso fresco, 7 oz. each.
- All-natural ingredients; contains no preservatives or chemicals.
- Step-by-step instructions guide you through the cheese-making process.
- Customize your cheese with herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes and other flavorful additions.
- Recipes included.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 3.7 oz. citric acid.
- 3.7 oz. cheese salt.
- Cooking thermometer.
- Fine cheesecloth.
- Traditional cheese mold.
- Instruction/recipe booklet.