Ceramic Vinegar Pot
- Online Only
Turn leftover wine into flavorful vinegar in our traditional stoneware pot. This ceramic pot has a fitted cork stopper and a sturdy, leak-proof pine spigot. The pot is handmade in Italy with thick walls to ensure proper fermentation temperature.
- Rustic handmade stoneware with antique-white glaze.
- Cork stopper and durable wooden spigot ensure vinegar stays safely contained and are designed to withstand long-term use.
- Spigot makes it easy to decant finished vinegar into bottles and cruets.
- Large 6-cup capacity.
- Instructions included.
- Made in Portugal.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 1/2" diam., 11 1/2" high.
- 48-oz. cap.
- 6 lb. 9 oz.
- Use & Care
- Wooden tap requires preparation to prevent leakage.
- With tap closed, pour three cups of water into pot and let stand for approximately three days with a bowl or dish beneath the tap.
- Tap will absorb water during this time and some water may drip into bowl.
- Pot is ready for use when tap stops dripping.
Simple Homemade Vinegar:
- Fill pot up to two-thirds capacity with a mixture of 75% wine and 25% commercial vinegar. We recommend using vinegar with a live mother.
- Keep the pot in a room where temperature ranges from 68°F to 86°F (20°C to 30°C) for three to four months.
- When vinegar is ready (taste to check), use the tap to pour into a bottle and refill pot with same amount of wine.
- Wait two weeks after adding wine before dispensing more vinegar.
Next Day Delivery