Ceramic Vinegar Pot
- Online Only
Turn leftover wine into flavorful vinegar in our traditional stoneware pot. This ceramic pot has a fitted cork stopper and a sturdy, leak-proof pine spigot. The pot is handmade in Italy with thick walls to ensure proper fermentation temperature.
- Rustic handmade stoneware with antique-white glaze.
- Cork stopper and durable wooden spigot ensure vinegar stays safely contained and are designed to withstand long-term use.
- Spigot makes it easy to decant finished vinegar into bottles and cruets.
- Large 6-cup capacity.
- Instructions included.
- Made in Portugal.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 1/2" diam., 11 1/2" high.
- 48-oz. cap.
- 6 lb. 9 oz.
- Use & Care
- Wooden tap requires preparation to prevent leakage.
- With tap closed, pour three cups of water into pot and let stand for approximately three days with a bowl or dish beneath the tap.
- Tap will absorb water during this time and some water may drip into bowl.
- Pot is ready for use when tap stops dripping.
Simple Homemade Vinegar:
- Fill pot up to two-thirds capacity with a mixture of 75% wine and 25% commercial vinegar. We recommend using vinegar with a live mother.
- Keep the pot in a room where temperature ranges from 68°F to 86°F (20°C to 30°C) for three to four months.
- When vinegar is ready (taste to check), use the tap to pour into a bottle and refill pot with same amount of wine.
- Wait two weeks after adding wine before dispensing more vinegar.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.