Cast Iron Smoke & Sear Station
Our smoke and sear platform allows you to easily achieve the intense, smoky flavor of a charcoal grill on a conventional gas grill. When smoking, food cooks on the cast-iron platform directly over smoldering wood chips for a more concentrated smoky flavor. Fill the platform reservoirs with water, beer, wine, juice, stock or other liquid to create a humid grilling environment, so meat retains a higher percentage of natural juices. For searing, remove the top smoking platform and utilize the searing plate beneath for perfectly seared and juicy meat and seafood.
- Seasoned cast-iron searing plate.
- 8.9” x 10.8”.
- Made in China.
- Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Smoke or sear: fill reservoirs with water, beer, wine, juice, stock or other liquid.
- Smoke: soak wood chips for 30 minutes prior to use. Place soaked wood chips in bottom compartment of platform and cover with grid. Place platform over direct heat and preheat for 10 minutes or until wood chips begin to smoke.
- To control the amount of smoke, slide tray out to adjust vents.
- Sear: remove smoking platform, fill liquid reservoirs and preheat over direct flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Entire unit will get hot. Use grilling mitts or gloves when handling.
- To preserve the useful life of your cast-iron product, hand wash with hot water only and dry immediately.
- Cast iron is porous; do not soak.
- Do not wash in the dishwasher.
- Periodically apply a small amount of vegetable oil to surface.