Bunbury Large Chunky Board
- Online Only
Made from the finest, ecologically harvested Irish hardwoods, this extremely durable cutting board is built to stand up to the daily rigors of kitchen work. The unique story behind every board, the tree it originates from, and what is being done to replace that tree is fully documented for the board’s owner.
- Generously sized, making it the perfect serving piece for cheeses, cured meats, appetizers and more.
- Every board is made from carefully chosen, sustainably harvested Irish hardwood.
- By entering a code found on every board, the owner can learn the history of the particular tree that was used in its construction.
- Handmade from start to finish, this board is as well suited to display on a coffee table as it is to kitchen use.
- Recesses under both ends of the board allow it to be easily carried.
- Squared back and sides and slightly rounded corners.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 1/2" x 16" long.
- 1" thick
- 8 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in Ireland.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.