Bunbury Bark Edge Cutting Board
Made from the finest, ecologically-harvested Irish hardwoods, this rustic cutting board is distinct for its “waney” or bark-on edge. The unique story behind every board, the tree it originates from, and what is being done to replace that tree is fully documented for the board’s owner.
- The distinctive look of this board’s natural bark-on edge makes it the perfect serving piece for cheeses, cured meats, appetizers and more.
- Every board is made from carefully chosen, sustainably harvested Irish hardwood.
- By entering a code found on every board, the owner can learn the history of the particular tree that was used in its construction.
- Extremely durable, this board is built to stand up to the daily rigors of kitchen work.
- Handmade from start to finish, this board is as well suited to display on a coffee table as it is in the kitchen.
- Recesses under both ends of the board allow it to be easily carried.
- Squared back and sides and rounded corners complement the board’s waney edge.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6” x 20”.
- 1” thick
- 2 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in Ireland.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.