Breville Smart Grill & Griddle
From Australia-based Breville comes an innovative and versatile countertop grill and griddle. Use it three ways: as an open grill, a flat griddle or a panini press/contact grill.
- Versatile three-in-one machine converts from an open grill/griddle to a closed contact grill.
- Nonstick cast-aluminum grates with embedded heating elements heat quickly and evenly, and easily sustain high temperatures.
- Smart Element IQ™ automatically reacts to rapid temperature drops by injecting additional heat into the plates.
- Titanium-infused nonstick finish offers superior scratch-resistance and easy cleanup; the removable plates are dishwasher-safe.
- Height-adjustable top plate accommodates foods of various thicknesses.
- Temperature settings from 320°F to 450°F.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model #BGR820XL
- Stainless-steel construction with cast-aluminum cooking plates.
- 16" x 15" x 7" high overall; two 13" x 10" cooking plates.
- 21 lb. 13 oz.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use plastic utensils to avoid scratching nonstick surface.
- Allow to cool before cleaning.
- Removable plates are dishwasher-safe.
- Avoid using harsh detergents, abrasive cleaners, steel wool or steel scouring pads.
- Wipe base clean with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 1 out of 5 by CruzCrew from Can't use as a panini press Folks, when they say "Use it three ways: as an open grill, a flat griddle or a panini press/contact grill" that's only if you purchase extra plates at an additional cost. You cannot use it as a Panini grill if they don't provide two grills. Other brands do provide the extra plates but not this one.Date published: 2015-11-21Rated 1 out of 5 by MusicMama from MISLEADING This panini grill is absolutely fabulous. But only AFTER you purchase a second set of plates. The grill comes with one panini/grill plate, and one griddle plate. Which makes it absolutely useless as a panini press until you purchase additional plates. While this is a professional piece of equipment, it seems completely absurd that it isn't sold with two panini/grill plates (or two griddle plates.) For the price, I expected to receive A PANINI GRILL THAT COULD ACTUALLY MAKE A PANINI.Date published: 2014-12-27Rated 5 out of 5 by annierhl from very good & useful kitchen equipment Williams-Sonoma is one of my dream shop, I will definitely go there for shopping again when I visit USA in the future some day. I just bought it from Williams-Sonoma in Hawaii in the middle of May. I am very happy and can't wait to try it when I came back my home in Taiwan. It's very good & useful, especially it's very easy to clean. I love it~~~:)Date published: 2014-05-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Andre2 from Great addition to my kitchen I use this about once a month or so, when friends come over, and it couldn't be easier to use. I particularly like it for making bacon, as it makes an often too messy job, into a non job. The pull out tray catches all of the grease, and it and each of the trays are easily removable for cleaning. Just for that, alone, it is worth the price. It heats fast, and evenly by my assessment, and is one of my favorite tools for cooking. I'm so glad I bought it. I bought the extra grills, thinking I would use them, but so far, I am sorry to say, I haven't had to. Maybe some day!Date published: 2014-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Cuisinephile from Best Gift Ever I've had this grill for two years and I just love it! I use it every day- professional quality!Date published: 2013-12-11Rated 5 out of 5 by BabsM from One of my favorite appliances Fast and easy Panini recipes and sooo much more. I grill veggies on this as well. Love this pproductDate published: 2013-10-07Rated 5 out of 5 by gadgetjunky from Luv My New Griddle The Breville Smart Grill is very high quality. First off I want to say, I read a review prior to purchasing this about juice running out of the tray, which has never happened to me thus far. It has a nifty pull out tray that catches grease, etc and it so far has worked great (no messes). In fact the reason why I love this machine is that it is so incredibly easy to clean. Read the factory instructions and you should have no problems. I can only imagine that if you over stuff a paninni, you may have excess liquid, just use common sense. I recommend getting the extra plates also (previous review), that way you can create perfect pannini's or you can use both sides to grill flat. The plates click out very easy (I hand wash). I am extremely happy with this purchase. I will attest, it is larger than most grills, but it's worth it for the quality of the product.Date published: 2013-09-29Rated 5 out of 5 by ivygirl from love this grill it grills like an outdoor grill... one of my favorite!Date published: 2013-09-01