The Bread Project Lemon Almond Poppyseed Pound Cake
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
The heavenly contrast between the caramelized, crispy exterior and rich, delicate interior is what make this lemon poppyseed pound cake one of the finest we’ve ever tasted. Thanks to generous quantities of butter, eggs and almond paste in the batter, the cake is exceptionally tender and moist, with a mild almond flavor and floral note from the addition of orange blossom water. After baking, the cake is brushed with a glaze of crystallized sugar and lemon juice that adds tang and crunch. A packet of confectioners’ sugar is also included for dusting over the cake just before serving. A full 12 inches long, allowing generous slices per person, the pound cake is perfect for brunch, afternoon tea and dessert. It’s made by The Bread Project in Emeryville, California, a nonprofit that trains people with limited resources in the art of baking and helps them develop expert job skills for working in the food industry.
- 12" x 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" high (3 lb. 2 oz. total).
- Serves 11–14.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The lemon poppyseed pound cake ships at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the cake at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month, wrapped airtight.
- If serving within one day of arrival, leave cake wrapped in its original packaging until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from its packaging. Using a bread knife and a sawing motion, cut the cake into slices of desired thickness.
- Prior to serving, open the packet of powdered sugar (included) and sift generously over the top of each slice of cake.
- Butter, eggs, baking powder, almond paste, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, wheat flour, lemon and orange zest, orange blossom water, poppy seeds.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.