Lemon Almond Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Online Only
The heavenly contrast between the caramelized, crispy exterior and rich, delicate interior is what make this lemon poppy seed pound cake one of the finest we’ve ever tasted. Thanks to generous quantities of butter, eggs and almond paste in the batter, the cake is exceptionally tender and moist, with a mild almond flavor and floral notes of orange blossom water. After baking, the cake is brushed with a glaze of crystallized sugar and lemon juice that adds tang and crunch. A packet of confectioners’ sugar is also included for dusting over the cake just before serving. A full 12 inches long, allowing generous slices per person, the pound cake is perfect for brunch, afternoon tea and dessert. It’s made by The Bread Project in Emeryville, California, a nonprofit that trains people with limited resources in the art of baking and helps them develop expert job skills for working in the food industry.
- 12" x 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" high (3 lb. 2 oz. total).
- Serves 11–14.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The lemon poppyseed pound cake ships at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the cake at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month, wrapped airtight.
- If serving within one day of arrival, leave cake wrapped in its original packaging until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, bring the cake to room temperature.
- Sift the powdered sugar (provided) over the cake's surface before cutting slices into desired thickness and serving.
- Butter, eggs, baking powder, almond paste, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, wheat flour, lemon and orange zest, orange blossom water, poppy seeds.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.