The Bread Project Frangipane Tarts
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
In a blissful pairing of delicate croissant pastry and rich frangipane filling, these tarts have flaky crusts, creamy centers and a heady aroma of almonds. Toasted-almond streusel and slivered almonds top them off with a sweet and tempting crunch. They’re prepared by hand from the finest all-natural ingredients and shipped frozen; simply bake them in your oven for a decadent treat to serve at breakfast, brunch or dessert. The tarts are made by The Bread Project in Emeryville, California, a nonprofit that trains people with limited resources in the art of baking, helping them develop expert skills for working in the food industry.
- Four 6-oz. tarts (24 oz. total).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The tarts ship frozen with dry ice, which may evaporate during shipment. This is normal. Be careful not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove wrapped tarts from box and place in the freezer, where they will keep up to 2 weeks.
- Place the frozen tarts on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. About 1 1/2 hours before baking, remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Let the tarts stand at room temperature for a final rise just before baking.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Bake the tarts, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking, until they are dark golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 190° to 200°F, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the tarts to a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving.
• Milk, yeast, wheat flour, white sugar, unsalted butter, almond, almond paste (almonds, sugar, water, invert sugar, potassium sorbate), salt, eggs.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.