Boos Walnut Reversible Carving Board
This beautiful board is designed to ensure a perfectly stable work surface – no matter how vigorously you're chopping. A wooden lip on either side of the board, attached with handsome dowels, anchors the piece securely on your countertop. One side of the board has a well to collect tasty meat juices.
- Crafted in the USA from sustainably harvested North American walnut.
- Edge-grain construction is gentle on knives – and stands up to years of slicing and chopping.
- Use the grooved side of the board for carving and the flat side for chopping.
- The handsome board is ideal for serving buffet-style foods from your countertop.
- Made by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and respected the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 17 1/4" x 17 3/4" x 1 1/4" thick.
- 9 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.