Boos Round Cutting Block
Made in the USA, this butcher-style maple block features a perimeter well to catch juices while you’re carving a roast. The reverse side offers a flat surface for chopping vegetables or presenting sliced meats.
- Crafted from sustainably harvested North American hard rock maple, durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- Laminated end-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability.
- Stainless-steel band and handles ease lifting.
- Doubles as an impressive presentation piece.
- Made by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 16" diam.
- 2" thick.
- 20 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.