Boos End-Grain Square Chopping Block, Walnut
This handsome chopping block relies on traditional butcher-block end-grain construction to withstand heavy daily use. Made in the USA from solid walnut, the 3”-thick block makes a beautiful, enduring addition to the kitchen.
- Crafted in the USA from sustainably harvested North American walnut.
- End-grain construction adds strength and is gentle on knife blades.
- Wood will darken over time to a rich reddish brown.
- Crafted by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" sq.
- 3" thick.
- 12 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
Register for Boos Block products totaling $100 or more and receive a 16oz bottle of Boos Block Mystery Oil. Offer valid until 12/31/16. Print Coupon