Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Boos Edge-Grain Oval Carving Board
Expertly made by the venerable John Boos & Co., this versatile oval board has a grooved side with a deep well for catching juices when you’re carving and serving roasted poultry and meats, and a smooth side for offering breads and cheeses. It has stainless-steel handles that simplify bringing a roast to table.
- Oval board crafted from sustainably harvested, FSC-certified North American hard rock maple.
- Wood is durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- Laminated edge-grain construction provides enduring strength.
- Stainless-steel handles ease lifting.
- Finished with food-safe beeswax and mineral oil.
- Crafted by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Small: 20" x 15"; 2 1/4" thick; 22 lb.
- Large: 24" x 18"; 2 1/4" thick; 32 lb.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery