Boos Edge-Grain Maple Cutting Boards
See how your personalization would look on this item. Specify text:
An exceptionally hard cutting board provides a stable work surface and also helps protect finely honed blades. Sturdy construction – with the edge grain creating the work surface – gives this maple board a commercial-quality toughness to withstand years of use.
- Crafted in the USA from sustainably harvested North American hard rock maple.
- Edge-grain construction holds up to years of slicing and chopping.
- This NSF-certified board meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Made by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Small board: 16” x 10”; 1” thick; 5 lb.
- Medium board: 20” x 15”; 1 1/4” thick; 10 lb.
- Large board: 24” x 18”; 1 1/2” thick; 18 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.