Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Boos Edge-Grain Carving Board, Walnut
- Online Only
An exceptionally durable cutting board provides a stable work surface and also helps protect finely honed blades. Sturdy construction – with the edge grain creating the work surface – gives this large 20" x 15" board commercial-quality toughness to withstand years of use.
- Crafted of sustainably harvested North American walnut.
- Durable edge-grain surface holds up to years of slicing and chopping.
- Hand grips carved into sides for easy lifting.
- This NSF-certified board meets the high-level standards for professional kitchens.
- Made by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 20" x 15" x 1 1/2" thick; 12 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery