Introduced by Bodum in 1958, the Santos vacuum coffeemaker has fascinated generations of passionate coffee drinkers. Water heats in the lower chamber, creating vapor pressure that forces the boiling water up to mix with the coffee grounds; the coffeemaker is then removed from the heat and vacuum pressure draws the brewed coffee downward, through a strainer, and into the bottom chamber for serving.
- Stovetop vacuum-brewing system produces a rich, flavorful brew that rivals that from a French press.
- Clear glass allows you to watch the dramatic brewing process, with water rising into the funnel, and then returning black coffee into the jug.
- Made of stovetop-safe borosilicate glass, an extremely strong scratch- and heat-resistant glass that weighs less than standard glassware.
- Glass will not become cloudy over time.
- Carafe has stay-cool handle and lid to keep coffee warm.
- For use on gas and electric stovetops.
- 32 oz. cap.; brews six 5-oz. cups of coffee.
- Includes vacuum coffeemaker, plastic lid, glass holder and funnel holder.