At Blackberry Farm in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, master gardeners cultivate a rich organic compost to help fertilize and protect the Tennessee farm-resort’s many fruit and nut orchards and heirloom vegetable beds. Combining a rich blend of manure from sheep and horses raised on the property, in addition to kitchen scraps and crop remnants, this “house-made” compost expertly and continuously enhances the texture, water retention, and beneficial microorganisms of regular garden soil.
- Living, organic compost enhances soil fertility and texture.
- Protects crops from adverse conditions.
- Reduces need for weeding and combating insects.
- Custom formula is a balanced blend of natural plant and animal materials.
- Made using local and sustainable ingredients, including farm-raised horse and sheep manure, kitchen scraps, and garden waste.
- Each batch is cured over a 12-18 month maturation.
- Compost is turned every 2 weeks during maturation to build oxygen content and aid decomposition.
- 10 lb.
- Made in USA.