Zürsun Black Barley
Good for the earth and good for you, this black barley is from heirloom seeds that promote agricultural diversity as well as authentic flavor. With a mahogany color and coffee bean shape, this hearty, nutty grain makes a refreshing substitute for rice in soups, salads and side dishes.
- Black barley has been prized for generations in Ethiopia as a whole grain that can go from field to table without processing, as the edible bran layer is attached to the kernel.
- Adds nutty flavor and chewy texture to soups, salads, stuffing and pilaf.
- Makes an excellent alternative to rice, or combine it with rice and other grains for rich texture and color.
- These botanical heirlooms are a part of living history, supporting centuries-old plant varieties and preserving the genetic diversity of our food supply.
- Produced by Zürsun, a second-generation family-owned company and one of America’s oldest suppliers of heirloom beans.
- Recipe included.
- 1 lb. 8 oz.
- Product of Canada.