Bitters are an essential ingredient for converting cocktails from workaday to wonderful, adding complexity and depth of flavor. We’ve partnered with New York artisan distillery Dutch’s Spirits to create this kit that includes everything you need to make two types of craft bitters at home. Just follow the directions and in 15 days you’ll be rewarded with an aromatic infusion to enhance your own cocktails. You can also use the tools and your creativity to branch out and make endless variations.
- Kit includes everything you need to make Aromatic and Citrus Ginger bitters, including premeasure dbotanicals, an infuser ball, a swing-top glass jar for steeping the botanicals in vodka and complete directions (see More Info tab for details).
- Easy to use: follow the step-by-step directions to enjoy your first batch in a matter of weeks.
- Included bottles with droppers are ideal for dispensing small quantities of your homemade bitters for cocktails and other beverages.
- Citrus Ginger botanicals blend orange peel, lemon peel, and ginger root to create a delicate bitters well suited for gin and vodka cocktails.
- Aromatic botanicals blend allspice, clove and anise seeds to produce a bold bitters perfect for bourbon and whiskey cocktails.
- Refill botanicals sold separately (see More Info tab for details).
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Premeasured botanicals for making one 25-oz. batch of Aromatic and one 25-oz. batch Citrus Ginger Bitters (refill set for both flavors both sold separately).
- Packet of bittering agent.
- 750-ml.-cap. swing-top glass jar.
- Stainless-steel infuser ball.
- Two small bottles with droppers.
- Small plastic funnel.
- Removable printed labels.
- Cocktail recipes.
- Packaged in a burlap bag.
Refill botanicals include:
- 1 packet Aromatics botanicals.
- 1 packet Citrus Ginger botanicals
- 2 packets bittering agent.
- Makes 25 oz. each flavor.
- Use & Care
- Remove contents from jar.
- Wash and dry jar, bitters bottles, funnel, and infuser ball.
Bittering (total time: 2 weeks):
- Unlatch and open infuser ball.
- Pour one large aromatic packet (either Citrus or Old Fashioned) into one half of the infuser. Close and latch shut.
- Unlatch and open jar.
- Place infuser at bottom of jar.
- Pour two cups of vodka into jar, or fill to just below neck of jar. Close and latch shut.
- Swirl contents gently for ten seconds once daily for ten days. Do not shake or invert jar.
- Store in a cool, dark place for ten days.
- On day eleven, open jar and remove infuser ball. Unlatch and open infuser ball, discarding botanicals. You may choose to press wet botanicals against bottom of mesh ball to extract excess liquid before discarding solids.
- Pour one small bittering agent packet into one half of the infuser. Close and latch shut.
- Place infuser back into jar.
- Pour one cup or remaining contents of 750 mL vodka bottle into jar, filling just below neck. Reserve empty vodka bottle.
- Swirl contents gently for ten seconds once daily for the next four days.
- On the fifth day (day fifteen of batch), open jar and remove infuser ball.
- Unlatch and open infuser ball, discarding botanicals. As before, you may choose to press wet botanicals against bottom of mesh ball to extract excess liquid before discarding solids.
- Unscrew dropper for small bitters bottle and set aside.
- Insert funnel into top of bottle. Pour bitters into bottle, filling to just below neck. Use a spouted measuring cup to avoid spills.
- Screw dropper back onto bitters bottle. Label using pre-printed or blank labels.
- You may keep remaining bitters in jar, or pour the remaining batch into previously used vodka bottle or other vessel using the funnel.
- Hand-wash all parts with dish soap and water.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
Bitters Making Kit
- Online Only
Bitters Botanical Refill
- Online Only
Also in this Collection
Bitters Bottling Pack
- Online Only