Bread Board with Knife
- Online Only
Crafted in Vermont by John McLeod Ltd., this birch board has a dark walnut slatted insert that allows crumbs to fall through during slicing. A Lamson & Goodnow 8" bread knife is included.
- Set includes a birch bread board and an 8" bread knife.
- Board is made of sustainably harvested birch with a dark walnut insert.
- Serrated bread knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel with a walnut handle.
- Knife cuts through crusty loaves without tearing the crumb.
- Remove the insert and the board doubles as an attractive serving tray.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Board: 17 1/2" x 9"; 1" thick; 3 lb.
- 8" bread knife: 4 3/4"-long handle; 8"-long blade; 3.6 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.