Horticultural sieves have been used for centuries to remove stones, twigs and debris from soil. Ours are handcrafted by the last remaining traditional beechwood riddle and sieve maker in England, established in 1846. Using the same tools and techniques the company has employed for over 60 years, current owner Damien Bramhall shapes steamed beechwood into rounds, cuts and weaves the galvanized wire mesh and then assembles the components—all entirely by hand. Designed to last a lifetime, each combines beautiful craftsmanship with perfect functionality.
- Handcrafted sieves made from sustainably harvested FSC-certified beechwood and galvanized wire mesh.
- The unfinished wood patinas beautifully, and the hand-woven mesh is a work of artisanship.
- Small 8" potting sieve has 1/8" galvanized mesh for a finer compost tilth, perfect for use in the greenhouse or for preparing seeds trays.
- Large 18" sieve has 1/4" galvanized mesh to remove coarser stones, leaves and branches from garden soil and gravel.
- Small: 8 1/4" diam., 4 1/2" high; 19 oz.
- Large: 18 1/2" diam., 4 1/2" high; 2 lb. 12 oz.
- Made in England.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.