- Free Shipping
- Online Only
Horticultural sieves have been used for centuries to remove stones, twigs and debris from soil. Ours are handcrafted by the last remaining traditional beechwood riddle and sieve maker in England, established in 1846. Using the same tools and techniques the company has employed for over 60 years, current owner Damien Bramhall shapes steamed beechwood into rounds, cuts and weaves the galvanized wire mesh and then assembles the components—all entirely by hand. Designed to last a lifetime, each combines beautiful craftsmanship with perfect functionality.
- Handcrafted sieves made from sustainably harvested FSC-certified beechwood and galvanized wire mesh.
- The unfinished wood patinas beautifully, and the hand-woven mesh is a work of artisanship.
- Small 8" potting sieve has 1/8" galvanized mesh for a finer compost tilth, perfect for use in the greenhouse or for preparing seeds trays.
- Large 18" sieve has 1/4" galvanized mesh to remove coarser stones, leaves and branches from garden soil and gravel.
- Small: 8 1/4" diam., 4 1/2" high; 19 oz.
- Large: 18 1/2" diam., 4 1/2" high; 2 lb. 12 oz.
- Made in England.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Simply brush excess dirt away.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.