The Edwards family of Surry County, Virginia, has produced award-winning cured pork products since 1926. A third-generation curer, the family does their smoking in an 80-year-old smokehouse. They produce this hand-cured bacon using heritage-breed Berkshire pigs--all their meat is traceable right to its origin.
- Made using top-quality pork from rare heritage-breed Berkshire pigs, pasture-raised under certified-humane conditions, including fresh air, sunshine and a nutritious diet free of antibiotics, animal by-products and hormones.
- Produced in partnership with Heritage Foods USA, which works to safeguard American food traditions by promoting small farms that preserve native breeds from extinction.
- The dry-cured meat is smoked over hickory logs for 18 hours and the result is meat that is darker in color, possessing a rich flavor not found in standard pork.
- Sliced medium-thick for authentic flavor and texture.
- 2 lb. (36-44 slices); Packaged in two 1 lb. packages.