Use our ceramic stone to give your breads and pizzas a marvelous crustiness, like those prepared in a commercial brick oven. Made in the USA, the stone promotes even heat.
- Holds heat exceptionally well, keeping oven temperature steady (the secret to brick-oven baking).
- Pulls moisture from the outer surface of the dough to promote perfect crustiness.
- Made of cordierite ceramic.
- Includes recipes and instructions.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" x 16" x 1/2" thick.
- Made in the USA.
- Use & Care
- Preheat the stone in the oven for maximum heat retention.
- The stone may be left in the oven at all times. Repeated use will harden the stone further and improve its baking performance.
- Always allow the stone to cool before removing from the oven.
- Do not place pastry or cookies directly on the stone; the butter or fat content will cause the stone to smoke.
- Prior to first use, wash the stone in plain water.
- Allow the stone to cool completely after use. Brush off any residue and use a nylon pad (without soap) to remove any burnt bits.
- Hand-wash with water only. Do not use soap or detergent.
- To remove stains, make a paste of baking soda and water, apply with a brush and rinse off.