Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Backyard Beehive & Starter Kit
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Backyard beekeeping brings health and vitality to your garden and natural raw honey to your kitchen. Getting started is easy with this essential set from one of the world’s leading beekeeping suppliers. It contains a three-box, eight-frame beehive along with basic protective clothing and tools you’ll need for establishing your hive.
- Custom-designed beehive with 19 3/4" x 14" 6 5/8" wood hive boxes, each filled with 8 high-quality assembled wooden frames complete with beeswax-coated Rite-Cell® foundation. Peaked roof is copper-colored anodized aluminum. Wood construction is hand stained for weather protection.
- Adjustable vented helmet with pocket veil: Cool and lightweight polyester/nylon with a built-in sweatband. Veil has a drawstring bottom and tightly woven netting that works well against gnats and mosquitoes, too.
- Large gloves: Soft cowhide leather with sturdy canvas sleeves.
- 9" stainless-steel hive tool: A must for beekeeping, this mini crowbar is used for lifting, prying and scraping.
- 14" wooden bee brush: Long, soft bristles to gently brush bees away from frames and clothing.
- 4" x 7" stainless-steel smoker: equipped with a guard and easy-pump bellow.
- Entrance feeder: Allows you to use your own mason jar or #5 round jar for feeding syrup or supplementing water.
- Includes an entrance reducer, used to adjust size of hive opening from large to small as weather gets cooler in fall and into winter.
- Bees not included.
- Hive is made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Beehive (3 boxes with 8 frames each, and a stand).
- Helmet with veil.
- Large gloves.
- Hive tool.
- Bee brush.
- Entrance feeder.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Beehive overall: 25 ½” x 18 ½ x 31”high.
- Helmet with veil: 13 3/4" x 11" x 5".
- Gloves: Size L with 8" sleeve.
- Hive tool: 9" x 1 3/4".
- Bee brush: 14" x 3 1/2".
- Smoker: 11" x 9" with 4" x 7" barrel.
- Feeder: 5 1/2" x 3".
- Helmet, brush and feeder: made in USA.
- Veil, hive tool and smoker: made in China.
- Gloves: made in India.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash helmet, veil, hive tool, brush and feeding in warm water and mild detergent; rinse and dry.
- Smoker exterior may be wiped clean, if necessary.
- We do not recommend washing the leather gloves.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.