Bachmara Turkish Dutch Oven
Generations of great cooks have prepared their signature soups and stews in hand-thrown clay vessels like this one. Traditionally used over an open flame, our classic earthenware dish is wonderful for cooking on the stovetop—or use it to slow-cook foods in the oven. This beautiful hand-painted piece conducts heat gently and evenly while cooking; additionally, it helps keep your food warm at the table.
- Colorful pattern is painted by hand using food-safe paints and glazes.
- Hand-thrown clay retains heat well for serving directly at the table.
- Oven and microwave safe.
- Handmade in Tunisia.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11" diam., 8 1/4" high with lid.
- 4 1/2-qt. cap.
- 5 lb., 13 oz.
- Handmade in Tunisia.
- Use & Care
- Safe for use on gas and electric cooktops; on stovetops use a diffuser.
- Oven safe to 500ºF.
- Always warm the base up slowly over a low flame.
- Always use moderate temperature and do not subject to sudden hot and cold temperature changes.
- The Dutch oven can become very hot; use oven mitts and trivets when handling.
- With use, small cracks will occur, this is normal and will not affect performance.
- Allow to cool before washing.
- Hand wash and dry with a soft cloth.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- To strengthen the piece, soak in water for 24 hours before the first use.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.