Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Australian Big Chop Round Cutting Board
Five of Australia’s iconic woods lend their natural beauty to our handmade board, including Tasmanian blackwood, celery top, myrtle, sassafras and Tasmanian oak. The result is a unique work of art that creates the perfect surface for food prep or presentation.
- Use the circular board for everyday chopping tasks or as an impressive presentation piece for cheeses, charcuterie, antipasti or a selection of appetizers.
- Each wood adds its distinctive grain and coloration: Light golden brown to deep brown (Tasmanian blackwood), ivory that turns into a mellow rosegold over time (celery top), rich reddish brown (myrtle), creamy gray with black and brown highlights (sassafras) and pale straw to light pinkish brown (Tasmanian oak).
- Natural variations in the woods ensure that no two boards are alike.
- Made in Australia using native Tasmanian timbers, all responsibly harvested.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 3/4" diam.
- 1 1/2" thick.
- 4 lb. 11.5 oz.
- Made in Australia.
- Use & Care
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Do not place hot items on the board.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.