Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Australian Big Chop Rectangular Cutting Board
Our beautiful handmade board shows off a distinctive combination of two iconic Australian woods. The eye-catching piece makes a great kitchen chopping block, or put it to work serving your favorite party foods.
- Use the board for everyday chopping tasks or as an impressive presentation piece for cheeses, charcuterie, antipasti or a selection of appetizers.
- Each wood adds a distinctive grain and coloration, ranging from light golden brown to deep brown, including the black-streaked reddish hue of Tasmanian blackwood and the rich red, brown and orange tones of myrtle.
- Natural variations in the woods ensure that no two boards are alike.
- Made in Australia using native Tasmanian timbers – all responsibly harvested.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 19 1/2” x 13 1/2”.
- 1 1/2” thick.
- 9 lb. 3 oz.
- Made in Australia.
- Use & Care
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Do not place hot items on the board.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.