Australian Big Chop Rectangular Cutting BoardPreview
Personalize this item
Our beautiful handmade board shows off a distinctive combination of two iconic Australian woods. The eye-catching piece makes a great kitchen chopping block, or put it to work serving your favorite party foods.
- Use the board for everyday chopping tasks or as an impressive presentation piece for cheeses, charcuterie, antipasti or a selection of appetizers.
- Each wood adds a distinctive grain and coloration, ranging from light golden brown to deep brown, including the black-streaked reddish hue of Tasmanian blackwood and the rich red, brown and orange tones of myrtle.
- Natural variations in the woods ensure that no two boards are alike.
- Made in Australia using native Tasmanian timbers – all responsibly harvested.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 19 1/2” x 13 1/2”.
- 1 1/2” thick.
- 9 lb. 3 oz.
- Made in Australia.
- Use & Care
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Do not place hot items on the board.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.