Antler Fire Starter
- Online Only
Start a campfire wherever you need to, even in damp conditions. This unique fire starter features a comfortable handle made from shed North American antler. By firmly sliding the steel blade (included) along the flint rod, a shower of sparks is produced to quickly ignite your leaves or wood kindling.
- Works in all weather conditions to start a fire quickly and easily.
- Handle is handcrafted from naturally shed deer, elk or moose antler.
- Includes a ferrocerium rod (for dry tinder) attached to a milled magnesium rod (for damp tinder).
- Includes a tempered high-carbon steel blade for scraping against rods to start fire with tinder.
- Does not have to be kept dry.
- Unlimited shelf life; requires no maintenance.
- Includes a leather cord.
- Can be easily carried in a backpack, pocket or car glove compartment.
- Includes complete instructions.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Fire starter: Approx. 5 1/2" long; 3.5–4.5 oz.
- Steel blade: 3" long.
- Leather cord: 14" long.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Fine, dry tinder: Hold fire starter with ferrocerium (black) rod side up, resting firmly on wood/tinder. Press scraper firmly against the black rod at a 45-degree angle, pushing scraper down along the length of the rod. The ferrocerium alone is hot enough to light any fine, dry material such as moss, dry grass, wood shaving, pine needles, fine steel wool, cloth or paper.
- More difficult tinder: First, you may wish to use the scraper to shave all a small a mount of dry wood from a branch. Gather the shavings into a pile on your tinder. Ignite using the ferrocerium (black) rod and scraper as described above.
- Very difficult tinder or damp conditions: First, use the scraper to shave off a small amount of the magnesium (silver) rod. Gather the shavings into a pile on your tinder. Ignite using the ferrocerium (black) rod and scraper as described above.
- The edges of the scraper can be renewed by honing or grinding on a sharpening stone.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.