Named for the Syrian town of Aleppo, just east of the Turkish border, these red chilies are also known as Near East or halaby peppers. Moderately hot, the crushed, dried chili peppers are celebrated for their rich, fruity flavor that's sometimes described as a cross between cumin and cayenne.
- Aleppo chili peppers are characterized by moderate heat and a complex fruity flavor with a subtle, tangy-sweet finish.
- A bright, lively seasoning for grilled steak, pork chops or chicken.
- Sprinkle these crushed red peppers over everything from pizza and pasta to potatoes, deviled eggs or tuna salad.
- Whole chilies are naturally sun-dried for ten days, then seeded and crushed to ensure peerless flavor and aroma.
- This premium, all-natural spice is sourced from Syria by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 1.6 oz.
- Product of Syria.