Whether you're shopping for yourself or choosing a gift, you can count on our U.S. call center associates for friendly, knowledgeable assistance. They'll be happy to help you make the best choice. 877.812.6235
Frequently Asked Questions
- General FAQs
- Shipping Information
- Return Policy
- Furniture Services
- Gift Cards
- eGift Cards
- Product Reviews
- Store Information
- Registry FAQs
- Create or Manage a Registry
- Registry Purchases
- Wedding Channel
- Registry benefits for Williams-Sonoma Visa Cardholders
- What shipping and processing options are available?
- Standard Shipping and Processing
Most purchases are shipped from our warehouse in Memphis, to arrive within five business days from receipt of your order.
Rush Shipping and Processing
For an additional $15.00 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. (Orders received by 3:00 p.m., Pacific time, Monday through Thursday arrive in two business days; orders placed Friday through Sunday arrive the following Tuesday.) We regret that this service is not available for some oversize items, out-of-stock items, items shipped directly from our vendor and items shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Special conditions sometimes apply to the delivery of oversize items, perishables or merchandise shipped directly from the vendor. You`ll find clarification of the shipping methods and times noted with the product description, as well as in your shopping cart once the item is added.
- When special shipping and processing conditions apply to a purchase, how can I estimate the arrival date?
- Oversize items typically take longer to deliver and sometimes require special treatment, such as our White Glove Delivery. Perishable items are shipped from the vendor to arrive within one week. Custom-manufactured items shipped directly from the vendor arrive within one to two weeks. If a special shipping and processing condition applies to an item, you`ll find clarification of the shipping methods and times noted with the product description, as well as in your shopping cart once the item is added.
- What is White Glove Delivery?
- Extra-heavy furniture and selected other products require our White Glove Delivery. We'll call you in advance to schedule a delivery time within the continental USA only; then bring the item into your home, unpack and inspect it, perform simple assembly and dispose of all packaging material. (Please note that outdoor grills are not unpacked and require owner assembly.) The charge for this service is included in the flat-rate delivery fee listed below the item's price, which includes all shipping charges for the item. For further assistance, please call 877.812.6235 3AM - 9PM (PST) seven days a week.
- How are shipping and processing charges calculated?
Our shipping and processing charge is based on the merchandise total of each delivery address, as follows:
STANDARD SHIPPING RATES
Shipping and Processing Charge
Up to $15 $5.50 $15.01 – $25.00 $6.50 $25.01 – $35.00 $7.50 $35.01 – $45.00 $8.50 $45.01 – $55.00 $10.50 $55.01 – $75.00 $11.50 $75.01 – $95.00 $13.50 $95.01 – $150.00 $16.50 $150.01 and over add 11% of merchandise total
STANDARD SHIPPING AND PROCESSING RATES
48 States/Standard See Chart Above 5 Business Days 48 States/Rush add $15.00 to Standard Rates 2 Business Days Alaska & Hawaii add 5.00 to Standard Rates 5 Business Days *US Territories add $5.00 to Standard Rates 10 to 15 Business Days *APO/FPO See Chart Above 4 to 6 Weeks
- Can an order be shipped to a foreign country?
Yes. Through our partnership with Borderfree, we are pleased to provide an enhanced international shopping experience for customers in various foreign countries. Through Borderfree, we can present product prices in the international currency of our customer's choice, AND we can offer aggressive international shipping costs and the lowest possible guaranteed order total. For a list of available shipping countries and shopping currencies, please visit our international landing page.
- Can an order be shipped to an APO/FPO address?
Yes. When entering an APO or FPO address, please follow this example:
- Name: PO3 Chuck Williams
- Address Line: Marine Division Sct 1
- Address Line: USS Wisconsin BB–64
- ZIP Code: 34049 (Actual ZIP Code)
- City: FPO (APO if APO)
- State: AA or AE
- Can I place an order from a foreign country?
- To place an order from a foreign country for delivery within the United States, please call Customer Service at 405.717.6131.
- Will you hold an order and ship it at a later date?
- If you wish to place an order but delay its shipment to a later date, please do so through our Customer Service Center. Call 877.812.6235, 3AM - 9PM (PST) 7 days a week, and one of our sales associates will be happy to assist you.
- What is Williams-Sonoma's return policy?
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return it with your receipt within 90 days for an exchange, refund or merchandise credit. For details, see our Return Policy.
- How do I return an item when I no longer have the return instructions?
- We make every effort to simplify the return process. Please see our Return Policy for detailed instructions.
- Can I ship to multiple addresses from a single order?
- Yes. You can designate multiple recipients during the course of your shopping experience – and even include items from our Wedding & Gift Registry. At checkout, you will be prompted to enter a shipping address for each recipient. If you have an account with Williams-Sonoma, you can save the recipients` addresses to expedite future transactions.
- What forms of payment are accepted for online purchases?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Network credit cards.
- How can I be sure that an item is in stock?
- As you shop, we`ll let you know if an item you wish to purchase is on back order or no longer available. If the item is on back order, we'll tell you the date when it will be available for shipment. If an item becomes permanently out of stock after you`ve made your purchase, we`ll notify you by email.
- How can I check the status of an order placed online?
- If you provide your email address when placing your order, we'll notify you once your order has been shipped. Whether you placed your order over the Internet or by phone, you can check its shipping status online 24 hours after the order was placed by entering your order number and the zip code of your billing address. Click here to track your order online.
Or call 877.812.6235, 4AM to 9PM PT seven days a week.
- Will you confirm receipt of my online order?
- If you provide your email address when placing your order, you`ll receive a confirmation message within 24 hours.
- How is sales tax calculated?
- Sales tax on the merchandise total is charged for nonfood items shipped to the following states and U.S. territories: AL*, AR*, AZ, CA*, CO*, CT*, DC*, FL*, GA*, HI*, IA, ID, IL*, IN*, KS*, KY*, LA*, MA, MD*, ME*, MI*, MN*, MO*, MS*, NC*, ND*, NE*, NJ*, NM*, NV*, NY*, OH*, OK, PA*, RI*, SC*, SD*, TN*, TX*, UT, VA*, VT*, WA*, WI*, WV*, WY and Puerto Rico*. States and U.S. territories marked with an asterisk also collect taxes on shipping and processing charges. Except as otherwise noted, all sales are made by Williams-Sonoma DTC, Inc. and the local sales tax of the delivery destination is also charged. Certain destinations require tax on food and candy. All sales shipped to Texas locations are made by Williams-Sonoma DTC Texas, Inc., and the sales tax is based on the location where the order was received. Sales tax for items shipped to Illinois is based on the location of final order acceptance. Orders shipped to California locations are F.O.B. destination point which means title passes in California.
- Are prices on the Web Site the same as prices in stores?
- No. The prices displayed on our Web Site may differ from prices that are available in stores.
- What is "Catalog Quick Shop"?
- This feature allows you to place your order by catalog item number. Click "Catalog Quick Shop" on our home page or navigation bar. On the Catalog Quick Shop page, enter the item number. You can then make your purchase on the item`s product information page.
- What is California Proposition 65, and how does it apply to the items you sell?
- All of our dinnerware, glassware and other items used for serving food are tested to ensure that they meet FDA and California Proposition 65 requirements for lead and cadmium.
Like most fine porcelain dinnerware and crystal glasses, some of our Pickard dinnerware, Raynaud dinnerware, Riedel glassware and Waterford stemware are made using lead. In accordance with Proposition 65, we issue the following warning to our California customers: "Use of this product will expose you to lead and/or cadmium, chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."
In accordance with Proposition 65, when a ceramic glaze meets FDA standards but fails to meet the standards of Proposition 65, we issue the following warning to our California customers: "The materials used as colored decorations on the exterior of this product contain lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." If the interior or pouring lip of a serving vessel is finished with a glaze that contains lead, we issue the following warning: "Use of this product will expose you to lead and/or cadmium, chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."
- How do I specify a three-initial monogram?
- A number of items in our collection can be customized with monogramming or personalization. Styles and character limitations vary, as detailed in the item`s description. Traditional-style three-initial monograms feature a slightly taller middle initial. For an individual, list the initials in the following order: first name, last name, middle name. For a couple's monogram, list the initials in this order: wife's first name, couple's last name, husband's first name. For modern-style monograms, in which all the letters are the same size, list an individual`s initials in the following order: first name, middle name, last name.
We regret that monogrammed and personalized items cannot be gift wrapped or returned.
- Can Williams-Sonoma assist my company with gift-giving and large orders?
- Yes, our business-gift and incentives programs are designed to meet your needs year-round. Please call 800.332.1648 to speak with a sales associate or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
- Can you customize an item with a company logo?
- Yes, many of the items in our business gift program can be embellished with a company logo. Please call 800.332.1648 or email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, we do not currently provide this service for international orders.
- Does Williams-Sonoma sell gift cards in bulk quantity?
- Yes, to purchase gift cards in excess of $5,000, please call 800.332.1648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about volume discounts.
- How can I change or cancel my order?
- To make a change or cancel your order, please contact Customer Service at 877.812.6235.
- Can I save items in my shopping cart for purchase at a later date?
- Yes. Items placed in your shopping cart and not purchased immediately will remain there for 30 days. Your saved shopping cart is accessible only via the computer that created it, unless you were logged into your Williams-Sonoma account when items were added to your basket. You can access your saved shopping cart by logging back into your account on any computer for 30 days.
- In order to add items to my saved shopping cart, do I need to sign in?
- If you`re using the same computer, you will not have to sign in. But in order to gain access from a different computer, you must first log into your Williams-Sonoma account.
- Why is my saved shopping cart empty?
- After 30 days, we remove any items saved in your shopping cart.
- Why has the price of an item in my saved shopping cart changed from when I selected it?
- Prices are subject to change due to temporary reductions as well as permanent increases. The current prices of items in your cart represent the price you will be charged.
- How can I find more information about Williams-Sonoma in Canada?
- Please visit our Canadian Internet site at www.williams-sonoma.ca for the locations of our Canadian stores and to be notified of additional store openings in Canada.
- Are fabric swatches available?
- To assist with your furniture selections, we offer complimentary fabric and wood swatches online, in stores, and through the catalog. Please call Customer Service at 888.922.4108 (4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST, 7 days a week) for additional questions or to request a swatch. You may also request swatches online from any product page. Simply find the product you like, and then click on the Request Swatch link under its swatch area on the product page.
- Can I order upholstered furniture in a fabric from a previous season?
- The availability of fabrics from previous seasons is limited. Please call 888.922.4108 (4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST, 7 days a week) to confirm availability.
- What is the estimated time for delivery for furniture? How will it be delivered and what services will be offered?
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for non-upholstered furniture delivery (6-8 weeks for Hickory Chair items) and 45 days for custom upholstery orders (60 days during the holiday season). Most furniture is delivered using our In-Home White-Glove delivery service, which includes unpacking, inspection, placement and the removal of all packing materials.
- How do I measure for furniture?
- 1. Measure Your Space
- Before choosing furniture, consider the space it will occupy. Start by measuring the perimeter of the room and sketching a simple floor plan to plot the placement of furniture. Be sure to indicate all windows, doors, heating vents and existing furniture.
- Also consider lighting. Where are the electrical outlets in the room? Will you read in this chair? Will a table lamp sit on this dresser? Is there a wall sconce?
- We provide the dimensions of each piece of furniture available to you online and in our catalog. By comparing the length x width x height dimensions, you can begin to visualize how a piece of furniture will fit in the available space.
- After determining the measurements of your furniture selection, you will also want to consider delivery of this item. It's essential that it can pass through all entryways, elevators and stairways.
- Start by measuring the height and width of your entryways and elevator doors. If an item cannot fit straight through an entryway, consider the depth measurement to see if it would fit when angled or tilted.
- You will also want to ensure there is an unobstructed path inside your home. Consider the size of doorways from room to room as well as railings, banisters, ceiling fans, decorative moldings and interior walls that may pose an obstacle once inside the room.
- If you need any assistance regarding furniture measurements or have additional questions about furniture items, please call Customer Service at 1-888-922-4108 (4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST, 7 days a week).
- Is the credit card information I submit secure?
- Absolutely. Every step of the Williams-Sonoma online ordering process that requests credit card information employs Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. SSL renders information unreadable if anyone should attempt to intercept it.
- What is the credit card verification number?
- This number printed on your card provides a safeguard when a purchase is made using your credit card. For Visa, Mastercard and Discover Network, it is the last three digits printed on the back of the card. For American Express, it is the four digits printed above the account number on the front of the card.
- Will Williams-Sonoma sell or rent my email address information to other companies?
- We use the personally identifiable information you provide for internal purposes, such as: confirming and tracking your order, subscription or registration; analyzing trends and statistics; informing you of our new products, services and offers; etc. From time to time, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we deem trustworthy and whose privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases we might share information, including personally identifiable information about you, that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Williams-Sonoma supports and adheres to the guidelines and practices adopted by the Direct Marketing Association`s "Privacy Promise to American Consumers." By honoring these restraints, we recognize that the consumer marketing information we maintain must be used responsibly, in beneficial ways and with respect to individual choice. We have agreed to (1) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale or exchange with other marketers, (2) honor customers` requests not to share their information with other marketers and (3) honor customers` requests not to receive mail, telephone or other solicitations from Williams-Sonoma.
- Do gift-givers need a password to access a gift registry online?
- To ensure their privacy, some registrants require their family and friends to use a gift-giver password. If you select this option, you must advise your guests of the password. Regardless of which online guest-access option is selected, complete registry information is accessible in any Williams-Sonoma store.
- How does Williams-Sonoma protect a registrant`s privacy online?
- Your own password is required for creating or managing your registry. Your name(s) and the date and locale of the event are the only personal information provided to registry guests. Our access options include no guest access online, access by a password you provide to your guests, and full online access without a password.
- Will a gift registrant`s personal information (address, telephone numbers, ship-to address, etc.) appear on the Internet site?
- No. Only registrant names, event type, event date, city and state will be published. All ship-to addresses are secured within our system. Gifts are automatically shipped to the designated address before and after the event, unless otherwise specified by the gift-giver.
Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher
- Click the Tools menu. (For Internet Explorer 7.0, click on the Tools button).
- Click Internet Options to open the Internet Options dialog box.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Internet symbol (a globe).
- Click the Custom Level button to open the Security Settings dialog box.
- In the Settings list, scroll down to Scripting.
- Under Active Scripting, click Enable so that a dot appears next to it.
- (If you are unsure about the other Security Settings, please check with your Network Administrator).
- Click OK to close the Security Settings dialog box.
- Click Yes in the Warning! Message box.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Firefox 1.5 and higher
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click on the Content icon.
- Click OK.
Safari 2.0 and higher
- Click Safari; then click Preferences.
- Click the Security icon.
- Close the window.
Firefox 1.0 and higher
- Click on Firefox.
- Click on Preferences.
- Click on Web Features.
- Click OK.
- Can I purchase or redeem a gift card online?
- Yes. To order a gift card, click here. Using a gift card to make a purchase online is easy: At checkout, enter the 16-digit gift card number and the 8-digit PIN. The gift card value will automatically be applied to your merchandise total. If the purchase amount is less than the card value, the balance will remain on the card and can be applied to a future purchase.
- How are gift cards shipped and what is the shipping and processing charge?
- There is no shipping and processing charge for gift cards sent by first-class mail; please allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery. For two-day rush delivery, the shipping and processing charge is $6.50 per address.
- How do I determine the remaining balance of a gift card?
- To check a gift card's balance, click here.
- Is there an expiration date for a gift card?
- No, we invite you to make use of your gift card at your convenience.
- What if I lose a gift card?
- The Williams-Sonoma gift card should be considered as cash. We cannot replace a lost or stolen gift card, except as required by law.
- Can a gift card be exchanged for cash?
- No, a gift card can be used only for purchases, except as required by law.
- What is the St. Jude Holiday Gift Card?
- As part of the St. Jude Thanks and Giving®campaign this holiday season, Williams-Sonoma will be offering special giftcards featuring artwork by patients of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®. Each time a customer purchases one of these gift cards valued at $50 or more in our stores, Williams-Sonoma will make a $5 donation to St. Jude. You can also purchase a St. Jude eGift card online; Williams-Sonoma will donate $5 to St. Jude for each eGift card purchase of $25 or more. Learn more about St. Jude at www.stjude.org. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's name and logo are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, expressed or implied, of any product or company.
- How do the eGift Cards work?
- Williams-Sonoma eGift Cards can be purchased through williams-sonoma.com by clicking on the eGift Card option. This will take you to our partner site-CashStar. To order the Williams-Sonoma eGift Card, just choose the denomination and the card design or upload your own photo. Then enter the recipient's email address. Once the purchase has been completed, the eGift Card will be sent to the recipient within hours of purchase or on the date you choose. If lost, simply reprint the eGift Card. If stolen, contact CashStar Customer Support at 866.834.1462. Since this is a partner site, you will not be able to buy the eGift Card and other merchandise in the same transaction.
The eGift Card can be redeemed online or in our retail stores. Just like our plastic Gift Cards, there are no expiration dates or fees. eGift Cards are available in any dollar amount between $25 and $250.
- How are eGift Cards different from plastic Gift Cards?
- Plastic Gift Cards are sent to recipients via mail. eGift Cards are sent via e-mail and can be printed out and used hours after they're purchased. Both plastic and eGift Cards have no fees or expiration dates. They are both redeemable in stores and online.
- How do I cancel the purchase of an eGift Card?
- If you chose a delivery date that is in the future, you can cancel your purchase by contacting CashStar Customer Support at 866.834.1462. If the delivery date is today or in the past, your purchase cannot be cancelled.
- Which credit cards do you accept?
- We can accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. The Williams-Sonoma Credit Card cannot be accepted as payment for an eGift Card purchase because this site is operated Williams-Sonoma's third party partner, Cash Star.
- I want a printed eGift Card to present to someone as a gift. How can I accomplish this?
- Simply personalize the eGift Card for your recipient, have it sent to yourself, and then print it. To do this, enter your own email address in the "Recipient Email" field, and check the box next to "This is for me." Enter your recipient's name and your own personal message on the Gift Card preview, and complete the transaction normally. You will receive an eGift Card alert via email. Follow the instructions in the message to retrieve your eGift Card, and then click "Print this page." The resulting printout may be presented as a gift to the recipient, and may be redeemed online or in our retail stores.
- Can I purchase an eGift Card with other Williams-Sonoma merchandise in the same transaction?
- No. The purchase of an eGift Card is operated by Williams-Sonoma's third party partner, Cash Star. To buy Williams-Sonoma merchandise, you will need to go to williams-sonoma.com and make the merchandise purchase in a separate transaction.
- What exactly does the recipient receive when I send an eGift Card?
- On the delivery date you choose, a message is sent to the recipient informing them of your gift, with a link to retrieve it online. The link in the email goes to a page showing the eGift Card you created (the design you selected, with your recipient's name and your personalized message), its value and code number. The page also gives simple instructions for redeeming the the eGift Card.
- How do I know the recipient actually received the eGift Card I sent them?
- You will receive an email confirming delivery and a message notifying you that the eGift Card has been viewed. If the eGift Card is not viewed within 15 days after delivery, you will receive a message with options for resolving the issue. You may also contact Cash Star Customer Support at 866.834.1462 with the order number from the email you received confirming your purchase, and we can tell you if the recipient viewed their eGift Card.
- When does the eGift Card expire?
- Like our plastic gift cards, there is no expiration date on your eGift Card. We recommend that you redeem it soon after you receive it, so you don't forget.
- How do I check my eGift Card balance?
- To check your eGift Card balance, go to williams-sonoma.com and click on Gift Cards or click here.
- Can I return the eGift Card?
- You may not return or cancel your Williams-Sonoma eGift Card after it is received. Purchasers who wish to cancel an eGift Card purchase order prior to its delivery to a recipient should contact Cash Star Customer Support at 866.834.1462 prior to the delivery date selected during the purchase process.
If you return merchandise originally purchased with an eGift Card, any refund will be issued in the form of a merchandise credit that may be used online or at any Williams-Sonoma store.
- Is my order secure?
- All personal and financial information is transmitted using the https protocol over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), utilizing state-of-the-art technology for consumer protection. Behind the scenes, your Web browser is sending all personal and financial information over SSL. The eGift Card purchase process is fully PCI compliant. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CashStar Customer Support at 866.834.1462.
- What if I lose my eGift Card?
- Your eGift Card has cash value and should be safeguarded as such. If you misplaced your eGift Card, you can reprint it if you bookmarked it in your browser or click on the link in the original email. If your eGift Card was lost or stolen, contact Cash Star immediately at 866.834.1462. If your eGift Card has not been redeemed or has some remaining value, we can cancel the original and reissue a new eGift Card to you for the remaining value.
- How do I submit a rating and a review for a product?
- Thank you for taking the time to review products that you've purchased from Williams-Sonoma. To write a review, go to the product page and click "Write a Review." Then sign in by typing your email address and a nickname. (Although your nickname will appear, your email address will not appear online; we request it in the event we need to contact you with questions about your review.) Click to rate the item from 1 to 5 (one is the lowest rating and five is the highest). Note whether or not you recommend this product to other customers. Then write your comments regarding its quality, performance and ease of use. Please be as specific as possible in describing what you did or did not like about the product. Preview and approve your review, then click "Submit."
- When will my rating and review appear online?
- It may take 3 to 5 business days before approved reviews appear on the site.
We reserve the right to withhold reviews that include:
- Obscenity, discriminatory language or wording inappropriate to a public forum.
- Advertisements, spam content or references to other online sites, offers or products.
- Contact information, including email addresses, URLs, phone numbers or addresses.
- Comments that are critical of other posted reviews or their authors.
- How do I check a store's hours?
- Please call the store directly to confirm store hours. To find the phone number for your nearest Williams-Sonoma store, use our Store Locator.
- Where can I find information about cooking classes and other store events?
- There are more than 250 stores across the U.S. and Canada, each with its own schedule of special events and cooking classes. To learn more about our in-store classes and demonstrations, please see our Store Events.
Create or Manage A Registry
- How can I register for gifts with Williams-Sonoma?
- It's easy. Simply visit our Internet site or one of our stores.
To register online, click "Create Your Registry" to begin. If registering in one of our stores, we recommend calling ahead to schedule an appointment with a registry specialist. To find your nearest store, use our Store Locator.
- When should I register?
- We recommend registering three to four months before your wedding or other event. This allows family and friends enough time to purchase gifts for engagement parties and showers.
- How do I let my family and friends know I've registered at Williams-Sonoma?
- Once you've created your registry online, click "Manage Registry" to request registry announcement cards to enclose with shower or wedding invitations. These cards are also available at our stores, or you can order a supply by calling 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week. You may also email your friends and family your registry information: from your registry list, click "Email Registry."
- Do you offer gift registry in Canada?
- Yes! We offer registry creation in any of our Canadian stores. We are currently unable to provide online registry creation to registrants with addresses outside the United States. Canadian registries may be viewed and printed online, however purchases must be made at our Canadian stores or by calling Williams-Sonoma Customer Care at 800.541.0015.
- Can residents of Canada register online?
- At present, we are unable to provide this service to registrants with addresses outside the United States.
- How do I know which items to include in my registry?
- To help you get started, we've collected detailed information and inspiration for equipping your first kitchen in an 80-page registry guide. Pick up a copy at your nearest store or view our Registry Guide online. You can also click the "Manage Registry" link to find top registry suggestions for each category and access your registry checklist.
- What product information is provided on the Williams-Sonoma website?
- You'll find comprehensive information about each item that appears in our online registry assortment, including materials, dimensions and recommended care. Charts make it easy to compare collections of cookware and cutlery side by side to determine the ones that will best meet your needs.
- Can I make changes to my registry after I've created it?
- Yes, you can access your registry via the Internet, by phone and at any Williams-Sonoma store to add or delete products, and change quantities.
- Will I be notified if items on my registry have been discontinued?
- If you provided an email address, we'll notify you by email if items on your registry have been discontinued.
- How long do registries stay active?
- Your registry will remain active online and in our stores for one year after the date of your event.
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- If you've forgotten the password to your account, you can reset your password here. If you've created a Guest Access Code for your guests, you can view it when you select "Registry Privacy Settings" on the Manage Your Registry page. If you created your Registry before March 2013 and need to link your Registry to your Williams-Sonoma account, please review how to link my registry to a Williams-Sonoma account. If you need more assistance, please call 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week, or visit a Williams-Sonoma store.
- How do I link my registry to a Williams-Sonoma Account?
- We've made some enhancements to the Williams-Sonoma Registry that make it easier for you to shop online using a Williams-Sonoma account and manage your registry at the same time. To take advantage of these features, you will need to either create a new registry login or link your Williams-Sonoma Registry to an existing Williams-Sonoma online account. Click here to link your registry to a Williams-Sonoma account. If you've forgotten your old password and provided an email address when you originally created your registry, we will send your registry password to that email address. If you did not provide an email address, you can get password assistance by calling 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week or by visiting a Williams-Sonoma store.
- Where can gifts from my registry be purchased?
- Gifts from your registry can be purchased online, in our stores and by calling 800.541.0015.
- I have guests coming from outside the United States. Where can they purchase gift from my registry?
- U.S. and Canadian registries are viewable from the U.S. and Canadian websites. However, the Williams-Sonoma website cannot currently process transactions using an international address to make a registry purchase. The International Team at our Care Center will be happy to place the registry order over the phone at 405.717.6131 (open 4am – 9pm PT).
Gift Givers will need to able to communicate, in English, the name of the registrant they are shopping for and the item they wish to purchase.
- Are there any items that can't be added to a registry?
- Most Williams-Sonoma products can be added to a Williams-Sonoma Wedding & Gift registry. However, certain items are not available to registrants and gift givers, including but not limited to:
- Oversized and heavy items requiring special handling through White Glove Delivery.
- Fresh food products, live botanicals and other perishables.
- Select seasonal and sale items available in limited quantities.
- How often are registry records updated online?
- Your registry is updated within 24 hours after an order is placed online and within 48 hours after an item is purchased in one of our stores.
- How do I know that an item has been purchased from my registry?
- When someone purchases an item from your registry online or by phone, the purchase will be noted on your registry list when the item is shipped. For store purchases, the store associate updates your registry to reflect the purchase.
To view all purchases, click Manage Your Registry or review your Thank-You Note Manager to see the names of the gift-givers.
- Does Williams-Sonoma have a completion program?
- In the month following your event, you'll receive an email invitation to participate in our Completion Program, which allows you to receive a 10% discount on items remaining on your registry list as well as on any new items you choose to add. This discount applies to unlimited online, in-store or telephone purchases for up to six months after your event date.
- How do I make purchases to complete my registry?
- To complete your registry online and receive your 10% completion discount, follow these steps: Click "Manage Your Registry," sign in, select "Completion Program" and then "Redeem Discount." Then add unpurchased registry items to your shopping cart along with any other products you'd like from williams-sonoma.com. You'll receive the 10% discount automatically at checkout. Repeat these steps to apply your discount to unlimited purchases for up to six months after your event date. The discount is also available in our stores or by calling 800.541.0015
- What is Wedding Channel?
- Wedding Channel is an Internet site that helps couples plan their wedding. Williams-Sonoma's partnership with Wedding Channel allows access to your registry from Wedding Channel (only the registrant names can be viewed on the Wedding Channel site.) Access is subject to any privacy options that the registrant established when the registry was created. To view your privacy settings, click "Manage your Registry" and select "Registry Privacy Settings" under "My Profile."
- Can gift-givers access my registry through Wedding Channel?
- Subject to the privacy options selected at the time of registry creation, Williams-Sonoma registries can be found by searching for the registrant's last name at Wedding Channel. Access by Wedding Channel visitors is subject to any privacy options that the registrant established when the registry was created. To view your privacy settings, click "Manage your Registry" and select "Registry Privacy Settings" under "My Profile."
- Can a gift-giver make a purchase from my Williams-Sonoma registry at Wedding Channel?
- A gift-giver can locate your registry at Wedding Channel, but clicking "Williams-Sonoma" will direct them to the Williams-Sonoma Internet site, where the purchase will be transacted.
- How can I remove my registry from WeddingChannel.com?
- If you prefer not to have your registry included on this site, please call 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week.
Registry benefits for Williams-Sonoma Visa Cardholders
- I am a Williams-Sonoma Visa Cardmember. What are my Registry Rewards?
- As a registrant cardmember, you can earn 3 points for every $1 spent on gifts purchased by others from your registry. To receive Wedding Registry Points, you must make a purchase on your WS Visa Card (anywhere!) and link your WS Visa Card to your registry account. To link your accounts, simply sign into your registry at williams-sonoma.com/registry and follow the instructions. You will begin earning points after you've made a purchase and linked your accounts. Points cannot be awarded retroactively. Additionally, we'll send you a 15% discount coupon on your first wedding anniversary – just for being a cardmember!
Gift Giving FAQs
- Where can I purchase gifts from Williams-Sonoma's Wedding & Gift Registry?
- Gifts can be purchased online from our Internet site, in person at our stores or by calling 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week.
- As an International resident, can I order items from the Williams-Sonoma gift registry for delivery within the United States?
- U.S. and Canadian registries are viewable from the U.S. and Canadian websites. However, the Williams-Sonoma website cannot currently process transactions using an international address to make a registry purchase. The International Team at our Care Center will be happy to place the registry order over the phone at 405.717.6131 (open 4am – 9pm PT).
Gift Givers will need to able to communicate, in English, the name of the registrant they are shopping for and the item they wish to purchase.
- To whom will a registry gift be shipped?
- Our registrants indicated their shipping preferences when they registered. Your gift will be shipped directly to the address specified by the registrants unless you indicate "Ship to Other" Or if you prefer to deliver the gift in person, you have the option of entering your own ship-to address during checkout.
- How do I find out if someone is registered with Williams-Sonoma?
- To search for a registry online, simply click Find a Registry.
You can also call 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week, or visit the registry kiosk at any Williams-Sonoma store.
- I am unable to locate or access a known registry online. What should I do?
- For privacy reasons, some registrants choose to limit access to their online registry. If you cannot gain access to a registry, please call 800.541.0015, 4am to 9pm PT, seven days a week, or contact any Williams-Sonoma store.
- If I am purchasing a gift, do I need a password to access a registry?
- Some registrants choose to provide family and friends with a gift-giver password. Registrants must advise gift-givers of this password in order for them to gain access to the registry online.
- I forgot the gift-giver password. What should I do?
- Please contact the registrant directly. To protect our registrants' privacy, Williams-Sonoma discloses password information only to the registrants.
- Can I select a gift for a registrant from merchandise not included on their registry list?
- Yes. We recommend first browsing the registrant`s list. For a selection of special items outside the registry, click "Gift Ideas" at the top of the page. To shop the entire Williams-Sonoma assortment, use "Search" to locate items by keyword or by clicking "Shop" to browse by category.
- Is a card enclosed with gifts purchased online?
- When you check out, you'll have the option of typing in a personal message that will be included with the gift.
- Do you gift wrap items purchased from the Wedding & Gift Registry?
- Registry gifts will be wrapped in our blue-colored Williams-Sonoma gift paper, trimmed with an ivory grosgrain ribbon. The gift-wrap option appears at checkout. (We regret that extra-large items and those shipped directly from the vendor cannot be gift wrapped.)
- How long does a registry remain active?
- You can access a gift registry online and in our stores for one year after the date of the event.
- How can I purchase gifts from a registry created in Canada?
- Registry services are available in every Williams-Sonoma store in Canada. To make a purchase from a Canadian registry, please visit or contact one of our Williams-Sonoma stores in Canada. Canadian registries are viewable online and you can print them out for easy reference.
Ordering & Shipping
- Can my order be delivered internationally?
- Yes. Through our partnership with Borderfree, we are pleased to provide an enhanced international shopping experience for customers in various countries. Through Borderfree, we present product prices in the international currency of our customer's choice and a guaranteed order total. For a list of available shipping countries and shopping currencies, please visit our international landing page.
- What items are ineligible for international shipping?
- Williams-Sonoma offers international shipping on most items. However, certain items are not eligible.
- Oversized items or items requiring special handling as denoted by a flat-rate delivery fee after the item price.
- Hazardous materials, live botanicals, aerosols, food products, perishable items and other items restricted from exporting.
- Electric items intended for use in the United States and Canada and built to United States electrical standards.
- Items with licensing restrictions.
- Gift Cards.
- Williams-Sonoma Reserve membership.
- How will I know how much my order will cost?
- After you've added items to your basket and clicked on the checkout button, Borderfree will calculate and display a guaranteed order total in your preferred currency — including all shipping costs from our warehouse(s) in the U.S. to your selected international destination, and any applicable duties and taxes imposed by the customs and revenue authorities in the destination country.
- Are there any additional costs that will be due upon receipt of my order?
- No. When you use the Borderfree global checkout, you will be given a guaranteed order total in your preferred currency. The order total presented will be the exact amount that you will be billed by Borderfree. There will never be any additional costs billed upon delivery or due as C.O.D. charges.
- What currencies does Borderfree support?
- Currently, Borderfree supports billing in over 40 global currencies, with more being added on an ongoing basis. Click here to view and select from a list of our supported currencies. Once you confirm your preferences, you will be able to see product prices in your selected currency.
- I live in the U.S. Can I use Borderfree to ship an order internationally but pay in U.S. Dollars (USD)?
- Yes. You can ship internationally using a U.S. billing address and a U.S. credit card (Visa or MasterCard). This also works if you're an American traveling or living abroad.
- What payment options does Borderfree support?
- Currently, Borderfree supports Visa and MasterCard for all international orders. American Express is accepted for orders purchased in US Dollar, Australian Dollar, British Pound, Canadian Dollar and European Euro. In China we also accept China Union Pay.
- How much does international shipping cost?
- International shipping is calculated using a number of factors, including the number of items you are purchasing, the weight of the items, and the destination country/region.
- When am I billed and what will my credit card statement say?
- Your credit card will be billed by Borderfree when your package is shipped to its final international destination. "51*Williams-Sonoma" will appear on your credit card statement.
- How much duty and taxes are charged on international orders?
- Duty (or customs tariffs) is set by the destination country's customs authorities and is based on a combination of the country of origin or manufacturing of the goods being purchased, and the classification of that merchandise in accordance with a harmonized system adopted and used by the countries Borderfree supports. Value Added Tax (VAT) rates are set by the destination country. You will be able to view the guaranteed total amount of applicable duty and tax/VAT for your order within the Borderfree global checkout.
- Do you ship to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO)?
- Orders shipping to U.S. military addresses should go through our domestic checkout, as they are not subject to the same costs and logistics flows as other international orders. To do this, you should shop as if shipping to an address within the U.S.
- I live outside of the U.S. Can I use Borderfree to ship to a U.S. address?
- All international orders must have a ship-to destination outside of the United States. We cannot support customers with international billing addresses shipping to U.S. addresses. To place an order from a foreign country for delivery within the United States, please call Customer Service at 405.717.6131.
- What countries can I ship to?
Americas: Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guinea, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands
Asia-Pacific: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Maldives, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Thailand
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom
Middle East: Israel
- Do you ship furniture items internationally?
- Unfortunately, international shipping restrictions prevent us from shipping oversized items to some countries outside of the U.S. View details of what is ineligible.
- How can I track my international order?
- You can track the progress of your international package(s) here.
- Who should I contact if I have questions regarding my order after I have made a purchase?
- Please contact us at email@example.com or +800 15005555 and Williams-Sonoma will gladly be able to assist you with any questions regarding your international order.
- Can I purchase or redeem international gift cards?
- Unfortunately, we do not currently support the sale of gift cards to international customers or the redemption of gift cards for internationally-shipped orders.
- What is your return policy for international orders?
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +800 15005555 and we will provide you with further instructions on where returns should be shipped, and the amount you will be refunded. Refund amounts for returned items will be credited to you by our partner Borderfree in the same currency using the same exchange rate as your original order.
Williams-Sonoma Credit Card FAQs
Williams-Sonoma Credit Card Information
- What is the Williams-Sonoma Visa Card?
- The Williams-Sonoma Visa card is your key to great rewards and special savings. You can use the Williams-Sonoma Visa Card everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted. You'll earn 3 points for every dollar spent at Williams-Sonoma and 1 point for every dollar spent everywhere else. You can redeem your points for exclusive rewards such as Gift Cards, Culinary Adventures, credits for recent Williams-Sonoma purchases and Cookbook Club Cooking Classes at your local Williams-Sonoma store. The more you spend on your card, the sooner you'll enjoy exciting rewards! What's more, just for being a cardholder, you'll receive these exciting benefits:
- Earn 2500 Bonus Points – after your first purchase, redeemable for a $25 gift card
- Free Shipping at williams-sonoma.com – no minimum purchase required
- Earn a 10% coupon – with every $2,500 you spend
- Special offers – exclusive savings and bonus points offers
- Custom Concierge – 24/7 personalized assistance with dining, travel, tickets and more
- Registry Rewards – special benefits for our wedding registry cardmembers
- Can I use the Williams-Sonoma Visa card for purchases outside of Williams-Sonoma?
- Yes! This card can be used anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted. Use this just as you would your debit card or airline miles card. You earn points every time you use the card – anywhere you use it. Earn 3 points for every $1 spent at Williams-Sonoma and 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else. To earn points even faster, set up automatic bill payment for your monthly bills.
- How do I apply for the card?
- You can apply online at www.WSVisaCard.com or by calling 866-483-9644, or you can visit your local Williams-Sonoma store and apply with a store associate.
- How do I get my $25 Gift Card bonus?
- Once you are an approved cardholder, simply make a purchase anywhere (no minimum amount) to automatically receive 2500 bonus points. The bonus points will be posted to your statement at the close of the first billing cycle after you make the initial qualifying purchase. You can redeem your points for a $25 Gift Card, or save them to redeem for an even bigger award.
- How do I receive a 10% off coupon?
- For every $2,500 you spend on the card, you will automatically receive a 10% Williams-Sonoma coupon in your next credit card statement. If you're enrolled in Paperless Statements, please log in to BarclaycardUS.com, select 'Account Activity' and then 'View Statements.' Your coupon will be included in your online statement. Coupons expire 90 days from the date of issuance. Up to four coupons may be earned in one billing cycle.
- How do I get free shipping?
- Cardmembers get free standard shipping every time they use their Williams-Sonoma Visa card to shop online. Simply log into your Williams-Sonoma account, shop, and use your Williams-Sonoma Visa Card when you check out. Free shipping will be applied automatically, no minimum purchase required. Exclusions apply.
- How do I get my free Reserve membership?
- Williams-Sonoma Visa cardmembers no longer need to enroll in the Reserve Program to get free online shipping. Simply log into your Williams-Sonoma account, shop, and use your Williams-Sonoma Visa Card when you check out.
- How do I redeem my points?
- Simply visit your account page at www.barclaycardus.com to view your balance and redeem your rewards. You have a variety of rewards to choose from, including Williams-Sonoma Gift Cards, Culinary Excursions, Statement Credits and Cookbook Club Classes at select Williams-Sonoma stores. Points will expire five years from the end of the billing cycle in which they were earned.
- What is the Custom Concierge? (How do I access the Concierge Services?)
- As an exclusive benefit, Williams-Sonoma Visa cardholders can take advantage of a personalized Concierge service through Visa. In addition to dining, event tickets, travel assistance and discounts, Visa Concierge offers specially selected luxury travel packages preassembled for Williams-Sonoma Visa cardholders. For more information, please contact Concierge at 888-647-3086 or www.ws.visaconcierge.com.
- What are the benefits for Wedding registrants?
- As a registrant cardmember, you can earn 3 points for every $1 spent on gifts purchased by others from your registry. To receive Wedding Registry Points, you must make a purchase on your WS Visa Card (anywhere!) and link your WS Visa Card to your registry account. To link your accounts, simply sign into your registry at Williams-sonoma.com/registry and follow the instructions. You will begin earning points after you've made a purchase and linked your accounts. Points cannot be awarded retroactively. Additionally, we'll send you a 15% discount coupon on your first wedding anniversary – just for being a cardmember!
- Who should I contact if I have questions about my Williams-Sonoma Visa account?
- Please contact the card issuer, Barclays Bank. The customer service number is listed on the back of your credit card and below:
- Within the US: 866-951-0237
- Outside the US, call collect: 302.255.8888